Friday, January 30, 2009

Me and Yo-Yo Ma


Me and Yo-Yo Ma, originally uploaded by gcquinn.

I thought I was anonymously taking a picture of Yo-Yo Ma performing during the Inauguration of Barack Obama, but me, my camera and my bright blue cap joined Yo-Yo on TV screens around the world. Had I realized that I was on international television, I would have done less photography and more pensive pose striking, for sure! Someone told me that the cello was a cold weather version made of a metal composition. Frankly I was amazed that Ma, Gabriele Montero, Anthony McGill and Izhak Perlman were hatless and gloveless. My feet were freezing and my hands turned blue when I took my gloves off briefly. The music was beautiful and moving and in that cold I completely understand why they had to lip sink (or at least hand sink).

No comments:

Post a Comment